A world of wearable art for her, for him, for the soul:
Fashion with Passion * Accessories * Treasures
Images from photoshoot featuring clothing and accessories from Merry's courtesy of AfroStyle Magazine.
* Shop in the exotic atmosphere of an Eastern bazaar.
* Fairly-traded, sweatshop-free fashions and accessories for women and men, supporting indigenous artisans from Morocco, Pakistan, Egypt, India, Nepal, Turkey, Kenya, Afghanistan, Mongolia and beyond: boho-chic, traditional, and culturally-inspired tops, skirts, dresses, men's shirts, harem pants, outerwear, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, belts, tribal jewelry, scarves, hats, shoes, kaftans, kurtas, dashikis, gandoras, tunics, and so much more!
* Moroccan tops, skirts, pants, and dresses in the style and spirit of Laise Adzer: hand-woven, cut, and sewn by women in Morocco from the same genuine sousdi fabric that inspired her.
* Funky men's and women's fashions from Nepal, handmade in the Himalayas in an exotic array of styles and colors (including tie-dye).
* Authentic Egyptian basalt statuary: featuring figures straight from ancient Egyptian mythology and history-- many of them museum replicas-- these statues are available in a variety of sizes and price points, perfect for taking home a part of the majesty, mystery, and magic of the Age of the Pharaohs.
* Vintage tribal jewelry and Kuchi jewelry, made and traded by the nomads of Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India.
* African and African-inspired fashions for men and women, including dashikis, kaftans, mudcloth, Ethiopian scarves and shawls, and more.
* Authentic Tibetan singing bowls, meditation thincha bells, bell and dorje sets, prayer wheels, prayer flags, and prayer beads (mala), all of them made in Nepal.
* A wide selection of unique, handmade purses and scarves from around the world.
* Hand-tooled, hand-painted water buffalo leather purses from India featuring bold images of folk dancers, villagers, animals, henna patterns, and more.
* Kurta tops, cotton skirts, and Bollywood-style jewelry from India.
* Hand-embroidered throws, tapestries, and bedspreads from around the world.
* Mongolian batik tapestries and wall hangings based on ancient Silk Road cave paintings.
* Oya (Turkish lace) scarves and chokers from Turkey.
* Vintage and tribal wall hangings from India, Pakistan, and Niger, plus Egyptian hand-painted metal and leather wall art.
* A curated selection of belly dance separates, costumes, accessories, hip sashes, coin jewelry, and bellydance-inspired fashion: perfect for dancing, or "just because"!
* Handmade Peruvian rings, hand jewelry, earrings, necklaces, and more, including earrings made from organic materials like fish scales, pumpkin skin, bull horn, and more.
* A bevy of big boho belts, handmade in Morocco from authentic Moroccan leather.
* Inspiring artwork, including an 8-foot-tall, two-panel painting of Cleopatra (oil on wood) by Egyptian artist Fadia, and ancient Aramaic lettering (oil and vintage Bible leaf decoupage on wood) from Danny Hughes' "The 72 Names of God" series.
* Aromatic Palo Santo wood and authentic Palo Santo burners from Peru.
As seen in The Press-Telegram:
"Faraway Fashion" (Front Page of Print Edition)
"Long Beach Business Merry's is a Fashion Oasis of Cultural Awareness" (Online Edition)
CLICK HERE to watch the TV segment!
* More Merry's in the media:
THANK YOU LONG BEACH for voting us your #1 clothing store! (The Beachcomber newspaper)
There's always so much new to see at Merry's!
BUFFALO SANDALS FROM INDIA! Whether you call them water buffalo leather sandals, Jesus sandals, or hippie sandals, you'll flashback to the '70s in these handmade rustic classics from India: ask Merry how to put them in water for a custom fit!
THE ARABIC-STYLE DESERT SCARVES are back again at last in a variety of checkered colors!
EVEN MORE MOROCCAN MAGIC! Our Moroccan clothing section is overflowing with the most Moroccan dresses, skirts, pants and tops we've had in years, including new styles and colors! They're handmade by Moroccan women in the beautiful, flowing sousdi fabric unique to the region, in the style and spirit of Laise Adzer.
RECYCLED SARI MEDITATION STOOLS AND POUFS! Shimmering near our dressing tents in the back room, they're made in India from repurposed scraps of sequined saris and are perfect for meditation seats or accent stools! Only a few left!
PALO SANTO: NATURAL, AROMATIC "HOLY WOOD" FROM PERU! In a centuries-old tradition dating to the time of the Incas, our friends in Peru gather the fragrant fallen branches of the Palo Santo (Holy Wood) tree and cut them into short staves. It's an all-natural incense, with absolutely no additives-- the brisk, refreshing, summertime scent occurs naturally in the wood! Considered to be holy, the indigenous Peruvians believed that Palo Santo can be burnt like incense to spiritually cleanse areas, remove negativity, and bring health and good luck. We also have authentic Peruvian Palo Santo burners (also called censers or thuribles), made in Peru from repurposed cans!
TAPESTRIES FROM INDIA! From cultural and traditional to groovy hippie-chic, our 100% cotton tapestries from India feature elephant prints, Hindu deities, Tree of Life designs, tie dye peace signs, intricate mandalas, "Om" symbols, and much more! They make great throws or bedspreads, too!
FROM NEPAL: NEW TIBETAN SINGING BOWLS, PRAYER WHEELS, BELL AND DORJE SETS, PRAYER BEADS, AND MORE Made in Nepal in the time-honored traditions, we are proud to showcase a new collection of beautiful and affordable singing bowls, "Om Mani Padme Hum" prayer wheels, bell and dorje (vajra) sets, prayer beads (mala), and more. It is our hope that the prayers and beautiful tones will reach their homeland in the Himalayas.
Nepal Fundraiser & Thangka Talk with Leslie Rinchen-Wongmo, Saturday September 26th, 2 PM
An easy drive from Los Angeles or Orange County-- click here for a map!
Tuesday ~ Saturday 11ish to 6ish
And Sunday Noonish to 5ish
Come visit Humphrey, the life-sized rusty metal camel sculpture-- when he's outside, we're open! #kisshumphrey
Merry's is a retail store only-- sorry, due to the nature of our often one-of-a-kind items, we can't do web orders!