A world of wearable art for her, for him, for the soul:
Fashion with Passion * Accessories * Treasures
Images from photoshoot featuring clothing and accessories from Merry's courtesy of AfroStyle Magazine.
* Shop in the exotic atmosphere of an Eastern bazaar.
* Fairly-traded, sweatshop-free fashions and accessories for women and men, supporting indigenous artisans from Morocco, Pakistan, Egypt, India, Nepal, Iran, Turkey, Kenya, Afghanistan, and beyond: boho-chic, traditional, and culturally-inspired tops, skirts, dresses, men's shirts, harem pants, outerwear, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, belts, tribal jewelry, scarves, hats, shoes, kaftans, kurtas, gandoras, tunics, choli tops, and so much more!
* Authentic Egyptian statuary, lanterns, and art.
* Buddha statues hand-carved by villagers from Bali.
* Authentic Tibetan hand-hammered singing bowls, meditation thincha bells, and bell and dorje sets.
* A wide selection of unique, handmade, and upcycled/recycled-fabric purses and scarves from around the world.
* Bollywood-style jewelry from India.
* Hand-embroidered wall tapestries and bedspreads from Bangladesh and India, plus hand-batiked bedspreads from Bali.
* Oya (Turkish lace) scarves, chokers, and bracelets from Turkey.
* Vintage and tribal wall hangings from India, Pakistan, and Niger, plus Egyptian hand-painted metal and leather wall art.
* Tribal and cabaret belly dance separates, accessories, hip sashes, coin jewelry, and bellydance-inspired fashion: perfect for dancing, or "just because"!
* Listen to the world with Putumayo: high-quality, upbeat world music CDs that are "guaranteed to make you feel good"!
* Handmade Peruvian rings, hand jewelry, foot jewelry, anklets, earrings, chokers, and more, including earrings made from organic materials like fish scales, pumpkin skin, and more.
* A bevy of big boho belts, handmade in Morocco from authentic Moroccan leather.
* Click to see more about Merry's in...
THANK YOU LONG BEACH for voting us your #1 clothing store! (The Beachcomber newspaper)
There's always so much new to see at Merry's!
BEAT THE HEAT IN FANCY PANTS! 100% cool cotton and 200% funky boho-chic, our new styles of handmade-in-the-Himalayas pants and shorts are here! From quarter-wrap baggy pants to super-low colorblock harem pants, from lightweight Tibetan-trim pants to rainbow tie-dye shorts, picking from a plethora of pants has just become an adventure!
NEW MEN'S SHIRTS! With colorful Tibetan trim around the sleeves, collar, and behind the wooden toggle buttons, our new short-sleeved men's Tibetan shirts are culturally-inspired yet totally wearable! You'll find them in our "men's department" along with our Himalayan-made Mandarin collar, Tibetan-style, Chinese-style, and Hindu deity-print shirts in an avalanche of colors from basic to bold!
BEDSPREADS FOR 1,001 NIGHTS! Dream of world peace under our beautiful handmade bedspreads! Featuring hand-weaving from Egypt and Turkey, hand-quilting from Dubai, hand-batiking from Bali, and ornate hand-embroidery from Bangladesh and India, these bedspreads (some with matching pillow cases) will make your nights magical!
ETHIOPIAN SCARVES AND SHAWLS (FOR MEN AND WOMEN) ARE HERE! From rich and rustic tribal scarves, to wearable textiles shimmering with color, to airy and free-spirited ethnic shawls, they're all hand-woven in Ethiopia from hand-spun yarn: wrap one around your shoulders and be a part of this fascinating folk tradition from the Horn of Africa!
'70s Flashback: NEW OLD STOCK VINTAGE LEATHER PURSES FROM INDIA! Not just "retro", these hand-tooled and hand-painted water buffalo leather purses are the real deal: an amazing warehouse find from our friends in India, made circa the 1970s but never sold. Available in three sizes and featuring hand-etched designs including folk dancers, elephants, peacocks, Aquarius, henna medallions, African animals, and more, they've been waiting just for you!
SHIMMY SPECTACULAR: NEW COIN SASHES AND $98 BELLY DANCE COSTUMES FROM EGYPT! Hand-beaded and sequined in the traditional style, our brand-new two- and three-piece bellydance costumes from Egypt will make your shimmies shimmer-- and at only $98 each, they'll also make your wallet smile! PLUS, new authentic Egyptian hip sashes with coins and loops of shining beads!
JUST IN FROM INDIA: RECYCLED SARI FASHION! Made from vintage saris, these skirts, pants, and tops bring a touch of Indian tradition to contemporary bohemian fashion!
Introduction to Traditional Djimbe and Doun Doun Drumming
From the West African Countries of Senegal & Guinea
Classes by Hanif Riley
Saturdays, 4:30 to 5:30 PM
Starting October 18th
$15 per class, bring your own drum if you have one (a limited number will be available to borrow)
RSVP encouraged; call Merry at 562-987-4363
Join Martin Gore of Depeche Mode: Support Direct Relief's Ebola Response
An easy drive from Los Angeles or Orange County-- click here for a map!
Tuesday ~ Saturday 11ish to 6ish
And Sunday noonish to 5ish
Come visit Humphrey, the life-sized rusty metal camel sculpture-- when he's outside, we're open!
Merry's is a retail store only-- sorry, due to the nature of our often one-of-a-kind items, we can't do web orders!