A world of wearable art for her, for him, for the soul:
Fashion with Passion * Accessories * Treasures
Images from photoshoot featuring clothing and accessories from Merry's courtesy of AfroStyle Magazine.
* Shop in the exotic atmosphere of an Eastern bazaar.
* Fairly-traded, sweatshop-free fashions and accessories for women and men, supporting indigenous artisans from Morocco, Pakistan, Egypt, India, Nepal, Iran, Turkey, Kenya, Afghanistan, Mongolia and beyond: boho-chic, traditional, and culturally-inspired tops, skirts, dresses, men's shirts, harem pants, outerwear, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, belts, tribal jewelry, scarves, hats, shoes, kaftans, kurtas, gandoras, tunics, and so much more!
* Authentic Egyptian statuary, lanterns, and art.
* Authentic Tibetan hand-hammered singing bowls, meditation thincha bells, and bell and dorje sets.
* A wide selection of unique, handmade purses and scarves from around the world.
* Bollywood-style jewelry from India.
* Hand-embroidered throws, tapestries, and bedspreads from around the world.
* Oya (Turkish lace) scarves, chokers, and bracelets from Turkey.
* Vintage and tribal wall hangings from India, Pakistan, and Niger, plus Egyptian hand-painted metal and leather wall art.
* A curated selection of belly dance separates, costumes, accessories, hip sashes, coin jewelry, and bellydance-inspired fashion: perfect for dancing, or "just because"!
* Handmade Peruvian rings, hand jewelry, foot jewelry, anklets, earrings, chokers, and more, including earrings made from organic materials like fish scales, pumpkin skin, and more.
* A bevy of big boho belts, handmade in Morocco from authentic Moroccan leather.
As seen in The Press-Telegram:
"Faraway Fashion" (Front Page of Print Edition)
"Long Beach Business Merry's is a Fashion Oasis of Cultural Awareness" (Online Edition)
* More Merry's in the media:
THANK YOU LONG BEACH for voting us your #1 clothing store! (The Beachcomber newspaper)
There's always so much new to see at Merry's!
ETHIOPIAN SCARVES AND SHAWLS (FOR MEN AND WOMEN) ARE HERE! From rich and rustic tribal scarves, to wearable textiles shimmering with color, to airy and free-spirited ethnic shawls, they're all hand-woven in Ethiopia from hand-spun yarn: wrap one around your shoulders and be a part of this fascinating folk tradition from the Horn of Africa!
'70s Flashback: NEW OLD STOCK VINTAGE LEATHER PURSES FROM INDIA! Not just "retro", these hand-tooled and hand-painted water buffalo leather purses are the real deal: an amazing warehouse find from our friends in India, made circa the 1970s but never sold. Available in three sizes and featuring hand-etched designs including folk dancers, elephants, peacocks, Aquarius, henna medallions, African animals, and more, they've been waiting just for you!
JUST IN FROM FARAWAY LANDS:
FROM TIBET: Handmade turquoise and coral necklaces and stone-encrusted rings.
FROM MONGOLIA: Hand-embroidered earrings and bags, plus beautiful batik wall hangings featuring images of chariots, animals, Buddhist themes, and more.
FROM THE BANJARA NOMADS OF INDIA: Handmade, ornately-embroidered nomad bags, adorned with mirrors, coins, beaded tassels, and more.
INSPIRING ARTWORK including an 8-foot-tall, two-panel painting of Cleopatra (oil on wood) by Egyptian artist Fadia, and ancient Aramaic lettering (oil and vintage Bible leaf decoupage on wood) from Danny Hughes' "The 72 Names of God" series.
Bali Treasure Hunt: 50% Off Everything from Bali!
An easy drive from Los Angeles or Orange County-- click here for a map!
Monday ~ Saturday 11ish to 6ish
And Sunday Noonish to 5ish
(Closed Christmas Day)
Come visit Humphrey, the life-sized rusty metal camel sculpture-- when he's outside, we're open!
Merry's is a retail store only-- sorry, due to the nature of our often one-of-a-kind items, we can't do web orders!