A world of wearable art for her, for him, for the soul:
Fashion * Accessories * Treasures
Images from photoshoot featuring clothing and accessories from Merry's courtesy of AfroStyle Magazine.
* Shop in the exotic atmosphere of an Eastern bazaar.
* Fairly-traded, sweatshop-free fashions and accessories for women and men, supporting indigenous artisans from Morocco, Pakistan, Egypt, India, Nepal, Iran, Turkey, Kenya, Afghanistan, and beyond.
* Authentic Egyptian statuary, lanterns, and art.
* Buddha statues hand-carved by villagers from Bali.
* Authentic Tibetan hand-hammered singing bowls, meditation thincha bells, and bell and dorje sets.
* A wide selection of unique, handmade, and upcycled/recycled-fabric purses and scarves from around the world.
* Bollywood-style jewelry from India.
* Hand-embroidered wall tapestries and bedspreads from Bangladesh.
* Oya (Turkish lace) scarves, chokers, and bracelets from Turkey, plus Shile Bezi women's tunics and men's shirts.
* Vintage and tribal wall hangings from India and Pakistan, plus Egyptian hand-painted metal and leather wall art.
* Tribal and cabaret belly dance separates, accessories, hip sashes, coin jewelry, and bellydance-inspired fashion: perfect for dancing, or "just because"!
* Boho-chic, traditional, and culturally-inspired tops, skirts, dresses, men's shirts, harem pants, outerwear, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, belts, tribal jewelry, scarves, hats, shoes, kaftans, kurtas, gandoras, sarongs, tunics, choli tops, and so much more!
* Click to see more about Merry's in...
THANK YOU LONG BEACH for voting us your #1 clothing store! (The Beachcomber newspaper)
There's always so much new to see at Merry's!
NEW FROM TURKEY! Get ready for Spring and Summer in Shile Bezi tunics from Turkey! Originally worn exclusively in Turkish palaces, Shile Bezi is a lightweight, breathable, eco-friendly fabric unique to Turkey, handmade in the historic coastal village of Shile from 100% organic cotton, wheat dough, and water from the Black Sea. Come see these beautiful (and surprisingly affordable) women's tunics and men's shirts!
ALSO JUST IN FROM TURKEY: Delicate, hand-woven and hand-crocheted chokers, bracelets, scarves, and more, edged and embellished with traditional floral-pattern Turkish lace, also known as oya!
NEW FROM NEPAL! Our Himalayan Spring and Summer collection is in! Men's and women's harem pants; women's Hare Krishna skirts, dresses, and tops; men's Chinese-style, Tibetan-style, and Hare Krishna shirts and kurtas; men's salwar shorts; hand-woven hemp hats; traditional Afghan-style hats; recycled silk scarves, purses, and hats; and much more. A colorful collection of wearable, boho-chic Himalayan artistry!
BRAND-NEW FOR BELLY DANCERS (OR JUST FOR FUN)! Make your shimmies shimmer with our Turkish silk veils in a rainbow (literally!) of colors and sparkling coin and paillette deluxe hip sashes, or get tribal in our unique new distressed velvet sashes with cowry shells!
THE RICE SCARVES ARE BACK! After their long absence, we're excited to bring you a brand-new batch of "rice" scarves, direct from a village in Pakistan known for this work! With every tiny, reverse tie-dyed dot painstakingly hand-tied into the fabric using a grain of rice, these beautiful scarves are not just conversation starters, they're true works of art!
A NEW TREASURE TROVE FROM INDIA! Kashmiri pashmina shawls, deluxe tie-dye tribal-style shawls with mirrors and shells, hand-crafted embroidered purses, Bollywood-style jewelry, bindis, men's batiked kurtas, women's embroidered tunics, subtly hand-embellished silk scarves, cotton wrap skirts hand-printed with elephant and camel designs, embroidered harem pants, and more, with love from Calcutta and New Delhi!
MERRY'S HAS JOINED FACEBOOK! Hey habibi, guess what? Merry's is finally on Facebook! If you'd "like" to keep track of the latest Merry's arrivals and event news (and Humphrey's seasonal attire), you know what to do-- and of course, we'll keep updating this web site, too!
An easy drive from Los Angeles or Orange County-- click here for a map!
Tuesday ~ Saturday 11ish to 6ish
And Sunday noonish to 5ish
Come visit Humphrey, the life-sized rusty metal camel sculpture-- when he's outside, we're open!
Merry's is a retail store only-- sorry, due to the nature of our often one-of-a-kind items, we can't do web orders!